CENTER OF NUTRITION & METABOLIC RESEARCH (C-NET) is a research unit focusing on upcoming researches in the field of diabetes, obesity, the metabolic syndrome, dyslipidemia, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases etc. It is a subsidiary unit jointly associated with Diabetes Foundation (India) and National Diabetes Obesity and Cholesterol Foundation (N-DOC). With research as the core focus and more than 50 scientific publications in high impact journals C-NET aims to generate quality data in the field of research and utilize it towards the management of the mentioned disorders. It also aims to promote upcoming researchers stay au courant with the latest developments in the related field and undertake quality research.
Aims and Objectives
- To conduct quality research in the field of obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes and metabolic disorders;
- To evolve a data bank on research and literature relating to Metabolic Diseases in India;
- To collaborate with foreign institutions and scientists for exchange of ideas and human resources for education and collaborative research;
- To help government, research institutions and other concerned institutions in supporting education, research and training programs, and for national programs and guidelines;
- To manage and treat with appropriate and evidence based knowledge, obesity, diabetes and metabolic disorders and complications, with particular help to under-privileged people;
- To train doctors, paramedical workers, nutritionists, physiotherapists in the field diabetes, obesity and cholesterol;
- To raise funds through grants, donations and collaborations.
To conduct quality research for prevention and management of Diabetes, Obesity and allied disorders in Asian Indians.