Padma Shri (2007)
Padma Shri, One of the highest National Awards in India, given by President of India, 2007
Bharat Shiromani Puruskar (2009)
Bharat Shiromani Puruskar, Indian Economics Institute, 2009.
President’s Award (2006 - 07)
President’s Award for the Excellence” in service to the cause of Rotary, Rotary Club of Delhi South East, 2006-07.
Adjunct Faculty (2006)
Adjunct Faculty, Indian Institute of Advanced Research, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, August, 2006.
Dr. B.C. Roy Award (2006)
Dr. B.C. Roy Award, 2006: The highest award for medicine in India.
WHO Consultant in Diabetes: Visiting WHO Consultant, Pyongyang, DPR Korea, 2-21st May, 2005
- Visiting Faculty, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas, USA, 2002-2003
- World Health Organization Fellowships:
- Whittington Hospital, University College London, July 1999-September 1999. Supervisor, Prof. John S Yudkin, Director, Center of Diabetes and Cardiovascular Risk.
- Center of Human Nutrition, Dept of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Center at Dallas, Texas, Jan 1996-July 1996, Supervisor, Prof. Abhimanyu Garg, Center for Human Nutrition.
- Consultant to the Prime Minister of India, 2003-2004
- 'Personal Physician' to Prime Minister of India:
- "Best Unpublished Research Work", National Academy of Medical Sciences, 1993.
- Top honors in the subject of General Surgery, Third Professional, MBBS, 1979.
- Distinction' in Forensic Medicine, Second Professional, MBBS, 1978.
- "Best Student" of the College, Central Board of Secondary Education, Intermediate Board, 1975.
- Distinction in three/five subjects, Central Board of Secondary Education, Intermediate Board, 1975.
- Fifth in merit list of the State, Central Board of Secondary Education, High School Board, 1973.
- Senior House Prefect, Colvin College, UP
- Distinction in all subjects, Central Board of Secondary Education, High School Board, 1973
- National Merit Scholarship, 1973