Dr Anoop Misra ranked among world’s top 2% Indian scientist in the field of Diabetes
According to independent ranking by Stanford University identifying the 2% scientist across al fields, Dr Anoop Misra , chairman Fortis CDOC Hospital , New Delhi and chairman National Diabetes Obesity and Cholesterol Foundation is among only five Indian researcher to be ranked globally in the field of Diabetes. Dr Misra’s ranking is based on citations and high scientific value of his 254 publications in National and International journals. The other doctors include Dr V Mohan, Dr Chittaranjan S Yagnik, Dr. Ambady Ramachandran and Dr Naibeday Chattopadhayay
Reference: @PLOS biology listing top researcher in various medical discipline
Pharma Leaders Business Leadership Awards (2018)
Dr. Misra was declared “Pharma Leaders Indian of the Year – Endocrinology” by the Pharma Leaders Group in India at the 11th Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit & Pharma Leaders Business Leadership Awards 2018
Legends in Diabetes (Times Healthcare, 2018)
Pharma Leaders Indian of the Year, Endocrinology (Pharma Leadership Summit, 2018)
Lifetime Achievement Award (Research Trust of Diabetes India) for outstanding contribution to Diabetes in India
Excellence in Diabetes Care (Health Summit Awards, 2014)
Chikitsa Ratan (by Delhi Medical Association, 2014)
Outstanding Investigator Award from World India Diabetes Foundation in 2013
Swastha Bharat Samman (from Zee TV 2012)
Americare Award (Americare Foundation, India, 2012)
Padma Shri (2007)
Padma Shri, One of the highest National Awards in India, given by President of India, 2007
Bharat Shiromani Puruskar (2009)
Bharat Shiromani Puruskar, Indian Economics Institute, 2009.
President’s Award (2006 – 07)
President’s Award for the Excellence” in service to the cause of Rotary, Rotary Club of Delhi South East, 2006-07.
Adjunct Faculty (2006)
Adjunct Faculty, Indian Institute of Advanced Research, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, August, 2006.
Dr. B.C. Roy Award (2006)
Dr. B.C. Roy Award, 2006: The highest award for medicine in India.
WHO Consultant in Diabetes: Visiting WHO Consultant, Pyongyang, DPR Korea, 2-21st May, 2005
- Visiting Faculty, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas, USA, 2002-2003
- World Health Organization Fellowships:
- Whittington Hospital, University College London, July 1999-September 1999. Supervisor, Prof. John S Yudkin, Director, Center of Diabetes and Cardiovascular Risk.
- Center of Human Nutrition, Dept of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Center at Dallas, Texas, Jan 1996-July 1996, Supervisor, Prof. Abhimanyu Garg, Center for Human Nutrition.
- Consultant to the Prime Minister of India, 2003-2004
- ‘Personal Physician’ to Prime Minister of India:
- “Best Unpublished Research Work”, National Academy of Medical Sciences, 1993.
- Top honors in the subject of General Surgery, Third Professional, MBBS, 1979.
- Distinction’ in Forensic Medicine, Second Professional, MBBS, 1978.
- “Best Student” of the College, Central Board of Secondary Education, Intermediate Board, 1975.
- Distinction in three/five subjects, Central Board of Secondary Education, Intermediate Board, 1975.
- Fifth in merit list of the State, Central Board of Secondary Education, High School Board, 1973.
- Senior House Prefect, Colvin College, UP
- Distinction in all subjects, Central Board of Secondary Education, High School Board, 1973
- National Merit Scholarship, 1973