Hindustan Times Leadership Summit – 19 Nov ’10
Mr Wasim Akram
Eminent Pakistani cricketer Mr Wasim Akram, Dr Edward Horton and Dr Anoop Misra at the media interaction
ZEE Swasth Bharat Samman – 15 Nov ’10
Prof Anoop Misra Awarded ZEE Swasth Bharat Samman
Prof Anoop Misra was bestowed with the Zee Swasth Bharat Samman, an initiative of the Zee group and Life Insurance Corporation of India to honour doctors who have made extraordinary contribution in their field and towards service of humanity, on 15 Nov 2010 at a glittering function in New Delhi , which was attended by renowned medical experts from all over India.
Speaking on the occasion, Prof. Misra thanked the organisers for recognizing the unstinting efforts and commitment of the awarded doctors towards service of their countrymen and humanity. He also thanked his team for their support and hard work.
Zee Swasth Bharat Samman
NIP Diabetes – 12 Nov ’10
“Nutrition Empowerment for Prevention and Management of Diabetes (NIP-Diabetes)”
“National Diabetes, Obesity and Cholesterol Foundation (N-DOC)” in collaboration with Nestle India, with support from Chronic Care Foundation (CCF), South Delhi Medical Association (SDMA) and General Physicians Forum under the leadership of Prof. Anoop Misra organized a conference entitled “Nutrition Empowerment for Prevention and Management of Diabetes (NIP-DIABETES)”.on 12 November, 2010 at New Delhi
Key Objectives of the Conference:
- To highlight the role of nutrition in prevention and management of diabetes.
- To discuss new research findings pertaining to diabetes and nutrition.
- To discuss critical issues related to nutrition: role of trans fatty acids, fiber, different types of diets, glycemic index and glycemic load in diabetes.
- To emphasize on healthy cooking and demonstrate healthy recipes.
- To discuss the steps involved in dietary, exercise and medical prescription of diabetic patients.
On the occasion, Prof. Anoop Misra, President, N-DOC, said: “The metabolism of Indians is inherently abnormal, conducive to development of diabetes and cholesterol disorders. Simple shift in diets, choosing low glycemic index foods with high fibre and omega-3 fatty acids, could tilt metabolism in such a manner that blood sugar and cholesterol get metabolized more efficiently. The message of this conference is that, for every Indian, starting from childhood, correct diets and physical activity should be at the top of daily agenda.”
Dr Misra lighting the inaugural lamp
Dr Misra, President, N-DOC and Mr Vineet Singh of Nestle India sign the research agreement while their teams look on
A view of the eminent panelists
Dr Misra clarifying a point
Neha Mittal, Nutritionist and Diabetes Educator, N-DOC
Dr Misra delivering his lecture
Dr Priyali Shah of N-DOC delivering her talk
Dr Seema Gulati delivering her lecture
Dr Misra addressing the media
Physical Activity Conf – 25 Sept ’10
Consensus Conference on Physical Activity Guidelines for Indians held on 25 Sept 2010 at PHD Chamber of Commerce, Siri Fort, New Delhi.
This consensus statement has been prepared by more than 100 renowned experts from all over India and nearly 30 experts from USA, UK and Australia for the first time. While preparing, an important aim was to make these guidelines user-friendly, so that it could be interpreted and practically used by everybody.
Key Objectives of this conference:
- To formulate the guidelines for physical activity according to the age, body habits, physiology and different diseases, specifically for Indian population.
- To recommend the quantity and quality of training for developing and maintaining cardio respiratory and body composition for the individuals
- To provide well-rounded training programme including aerobic and resistance training and flexibility exercises.
- To lay down guidelines for physical activity for the prevention and management of NCDs.